Monday, October 18, 2010

Kanye West's Album cover was banned???

Word tweets is that that rapper Kanye West is claiming his record label banned the cover art for his upcoming album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.
“Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet it in a few…” West tweeted Sunday night.
Two hours later he posted a link to his proposed album cover…a painting of himself hooking up with an armless, tailed lady. (Huh!?)

West continued to argue for the cover, writing “Banned in the USA!!! They don’t want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix! In the 70s album covers had actual nudity… It’s so funny that people forget that.”

An anonymous representative for West’s label, Island Def Jam, told the Los Angeles Times that the label strongly urged him to consider a different cover, but told him if he wanted to use his proposed cover, “the label would stand behind him.”
According to the source, the label’s issue was that mass-market retailers like Best Buy and Walmart could decide not to stock the album due to the cover. On Twitter, West was less concerned.

“In all honesty … I really don’t be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers,” he wrote.

“My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” is set to be released on Nov. 22.

All I have to say is, it looks kinda demonic... Waaaaaaaay WEIRD!
 

Whey abHa yUL wOt LoNG MONto Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo