Monday, October 18, 2010

Sade rejects music collaboration with the Jigga Man!

Though music fans in the United States mainly remember Sade for her "Smooth Operator" music video, she is the best-selling female artist in the U.K. With such status comes certain privileges, including turning down Jay-Z and other rappers when they come calling for her to sing hooks on their songs:
“I'm too scared they'll find me out. It's like The Wizard of Oz. They'll find out there's nothing there. As for collaborations, I'm collaborating with the band and do what we do. I see myself as a member of this band who does these songs that we write.”

It's awesome that Sade is willing to stay true to her band in the age of the quick buck, but the amount of psychic damage she's inflicting to the hip-hop community cannot be overlooked. Imagine the amount of MCs tossing and turning at night, worrying that somebody is eventually going to come up with the right combination to get Sade singing a chorus. A sample is one thing, but a genuine appearance is something to lose a little sleep over. The winner of this battle can dub himself "The Smoothest Operator." Who wouldn't want that?
 
This article was written by: Mike Burr and I was just sharing it! = )

Hmmm.... Jay'z ego must be a little tender I would imagine.
 

Whey abHa yUL wOt LoNG MONto Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo