Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 22nd 2G10 = My Lucky Day!

Thursday April 22nd was a VERY BIG DAY for me! I went to take my State Board Test to obtain my Esthetician License and YUP I PASSED! I was so nervous and was worried I didn't prepare enough for it. 

I had my so called "homeboys" kinda in my ear with negativity and I was just under a lot of pressure. I would keep getting these terrible migraines. I recorded voice notes to play back to myself and I tried doing everything I could to prepare. I guess all of my hard work paid off, because I AM NOW A LICENSED ESTHETICIAN!!!

This has to be one of the best days of my life! As Ms. Kelly the Career Services Lady would say, "I am a licensed professional, I do NOT work for FREE & TIPS are NOT included!" Lol! I am definitely ready to go to work.

So now my plans are to continue freelancing with my makeup. I love having my flexibility and being able to pick and choose my gigs as I please. 

Full time for an esthetician is only 20 hours, so I figure maybe I will look into employment at a hotel spa or something of the like. And outside of that I will still doing makeup. I just don't know if I want my schedule to be too tied up because I do like being on set, but most of the time but it just calls for really long hours. So I am kind of playing it by ear for now. But if a great opportunity comes my way, I am definitely going to jump on it.

I also plan to go to an actual Makeup School because I would like to learn special effects makeup and get even better at my craft. Since there is ALWAYS room for improvement.
 

Whey abHa yUL wOt LoNG MONto Copyright © 2010 | Designed by: Compartidisimo